POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #1 : Re: Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #2 Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:41:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #2
From: Stephen
Date: 29 Nov 2006 04:45:00
Message: <web.456d561188cc0edaf1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> > Are you looking to start an argument because I thing it is an Intelligent
> > Design issue :-)
> Great! No. No argument here. The comparison in any case is wrong because of
> the very controversial status of social darwinism. I like to hustle things a
> bit sometimes. Not very scientific, I admit, but fun to do nonetheless.

<g>

> Nice site! Yes, some of them seem to come back regularly, like  bools in
> particular.
> Chuckies!!! We called those 'osselets' (small bones) and they resembled
> indeed little finger bones, but made of plastic (no good! too light) or
> metal (excellent!), four were white, one was red.

On the West coast we called them Knuckles and I believe the Romans played
it.

> Tic Tac: Oh yes!

Tic Tac Toe, for us, and the winner was the one that stepped on the others
toe.

http://manchesterhistory.net/LONGSIGHT/GAMES/games3.html

> Beds: Was not really a girls game where I lived, and was played with 8
> squares in the series: 1-1-1-2-1-2.

We call it hopscotch and it was 1-1-1-2-1-2-1 and the last 1 was drawn as a
semi-circle. Only small boys played it.

> Ok then. Nothing to worry about. I see them the same way. Yes, mine are
> indeed a bit lighter and that's truly a personnal taste.

Good :-)